PTPI's Sister Chapter Program pairs chapters in
different countries. Through communication and projects, chapters learn more about a country and its culture.
- Engage in citizen diplomacy with people from diverse countries and cultures.
- Promote international friendship and the exchange of ideas and experiences.
- Participate in discussions and activities related to global issues.
- Exchange ideas on chapter operations and programming between chapter leaders worldwide.
- Diversify your chapter's program base and provide an additional opportunity for member participation.
- Provide chapter members with an option for fun and educational travel opportunities.
- Learn or practice a foreign language with native speakers.
Sister Chapters participate in a variety of projects throughout the year. The following are a few project ideas:
- Conduct video conferences to learn and educate each other about your countries and cultures.
- Organize a joint cultural, educational, or humanitarian project in which each chapter participates.
- Create a pen pal program via email, postcard, or letter for members to get to know each other.
- Plan a cultural dinner to highlight the Sister Chapter’s native cuisine.
- Read selections from PTPI’s Global Book Club together with the Sister Chapter and engage in discussions from different cultural perspectives.
- Exchange ideas on chapter projects, recruiting members, chapter websites, etc.
- Visit each other (if possible) or provide homestays to members of the Sister Chapter.
- Reunite with the Sister Chapter during PTPI’s Worldwide Conference or regional conferences.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org