April 12-13, 2016 • Union Station
There's a Whole Wide World Right Here.
To celebrate 60 years of fostering cross-cultural understanding and to give back to the community where PTPI has been headquartered since the 1960s, PTPI will host a fair for local students to showcase just how international Kansas City is.
About the Event
Kansas City-area students will visit Union Station on Tuesday, April 12 (grades 9-11)
, and Wednesday, April 13 (grades 2-5)
. There, students will visit a series of booths to learn about global and cultural themes from the variety of businesses, organizations, and community groups in attendance. Our goal is for each student to make at least one discovery around international possibilities and opportunities for cross-cultural connection and collaboration in and beyond Kansas City.
Ways to Be Involved
We welcome the participation of schools, businesses, organizations, and community groups from around the Kansas City metropolitan area. Additional information is available below.
We encourage schools and organizations to register online:
- School registration is now closed. Please contact Matthew Hughes with any questions or to amend your registration.
- Click here to sign up to host a booth or to sponsor the event.
Request for Additional Information
Once your school or organization has completed its registration, please follow the appropriate link below to share with us additional information that will be helpful in planning the day:
Transportation Reimbursement Requests
Requests for school transportation reimbursement were accepted through Friday, May 13. Schools were invited to request reimbursement of up to $200/school with appropriate documentation. Please contact Matthew Hughes with any concerns.
Please help us to evaluate the Kansas City Global Student Fair and prepare for next year by taking the survey relevant to your role in the event:
- Organizations with booths, click here.
- High-school teachers, click here.
- High-school students, click here.
- Elementary teachers, click here.
- The survey for elementary students is available in a downloadable PDF here. Please print copies of the survey, distribute to students, and scan/e-mail or mail the results to us at your earliest convenience.
With Questions or for More Information
Contact Matthew Hughes, PTPI’s manager of Global Education Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org